The magnetic field of the Earth
The Earth has unique magnetic characteristics that are optimal for the development and existence of life. The magnetic field is everywhere around the Earth. The sphere of its influence and effect is called the magnetosphere.
The magnetosphere retains most of the initial cosmic radiation and protects living organisms against harm. Geomagnetism influenced the development of life forms on the Earth. It is one of the primary conditions for life. Placing people in areas where geomagnetism has been eliminated has resulted in impaired biorhythms, metabolic disorders and mental problems.
It has been demonstrated that living organisms produce a weak electromagnetic field and this field reacts with the Earth´s magnetic field. For certain physical reasons, these interactions must result in a response at the level of atoms, cells, cellular structures and the whole organism.
These processes are slight yet permanent, with no time limits.
As we humans do not have any specific receptors (such as a hearing organ to detect sound waves for example), we are not directly aware of the existence of the magnetic field.
The Earth’s magnetic lines of induction exit the north magnetic field and enter at the south magnetic pole.
While measuring the flux line direction, we use a compass: its needle (made of a permanent magnet) turns to the north magnetic field of the Earth with its south pole, determining the geographical South Pole, while the south pole of the needle turns to the Earth’s north magnetic field, showing the geographical North Pole of the Earth. This means that the geographical North Pole is the south magnetic pole of the Earth, and vice versa.
The Earth´s magnetism – the magnetic induction of the Earth´s field - varies from 10 to 100 μT (10 to 100 times 0.000001 T); the average value is approx. 50 μT = 0.05 mT (militesla).
Certain fluctuations and cyclical deviations in magnetic activity are caused by biological cycles (daily, monthly or annual cycles). Simply put, there are five areas that are vital for life on the planet – all related to magnetism:
- The order and mechanism of electrochemical operations at the level of the smallest particles of living matter,
- Protection against various types of cosmic radiation that would otherwise destroy life,
- Gravitational pull,
- Time cycles
- Orientation in space, conditioned by the Earth´s magnetic field.
The magnetic field of the Earth - your questions
Are you interested in theThe magnetic field of the Earth? Want to learn how magnetotherapy can help with your problems? Contact us. Our expert advisors will be happy to answer your questions.
- Curative effects of the low-frequency pulse magnetic field (LPMF)
- A brief description of the therapeutic effects of biomag magnetotherapy
- Characteristics of the LPMF and frequency range used with Biomag®
- How to select and use the applicators
- Pulse profiles, intensity of the LPMF and frequency wobbling
- Table of basic therapeutic effects of pulse magnetotherapy according to frequency (guidelines for individual mode)
- Number of applications
- The magnetic field of the Earth
- Harmful (strong) magnetic field
- Devices and procedures using an EMG field and electric energy
- Programmes and accessories of Biomag® devices
- Recommended literature CZ
- Recommended literature - worldwide
- Therapeutic effects of the low-frequency pulse magnetic field (LPMF)