Characteristics of glaucoma: Glaucoma is associated with damage to the axons of the retinal ganglion cells and visual field defects, and may lead to blindness.
Increased intraocular pressure, reduced ocular perfusion and the resulting intraocular fluid circulation disorder are the main factors causing such damage. However, damage may also occur in patients with normal intraocular pressure. In any case, impaired axoplasmatic flow is present in the axons, which results in nerve oedema and damage. Other risk factors include hypertension, diabetes, genetic predispositions, myopia, and vascular disease.
Using magnetic therapy in glaucoma
Biomag low-frequency pulsed magnetic therapy has positive effects on glaucoma due to its ability to significantly improve the microcirculation in the treated tissues by dilating pre-capillary arterioles and capillaries. This improves the supply of oxygenated blood and nutrients and the removal of metabolites, and it regulates the orbital blood circulation. Its healing and stimulatory effects and the increased metabolic rate and anti-inflammatory effects reduce damage to the optic nerve and have a positive influence in patients with impaired rod-mediated retinal function.
Application of magnetic therapy in glaucoma
In glaucoma, initiate application using vasodilatory programs at 2-25 Hz and gradually move to 36-44 Hz using a solenoid.
Magnetic therapy and glaucoma - queries
Do you want to learn more about magnetic therapy applications for the treatment or prevention of glaucoma? Contact us!
Do not hesitate to contact us. We will answer your queries regarding magnetic therapy applications for glaucoma.
List of indications
- Show all indications
Head and neck
- Alopecia (hair loss)
- Brain dysfunction
- Cerebral palsy
- Cerebrospinal multiple sclerosis - MS
- Cervical spine pain
- Conditions after cerebrovascular accidents
- Degenerative diseases of the brain and spinal cord
- Hypothyroidism - decreased secretion of thyroid hormones
- Ménière's syndrome and disease
- Middle ear inflammation - otitis media
- Minimal brain dysfunction (MBD)
- Nyctalopia (optic nerve atrophy)
- Tinnitus (noises or buzzing in the ears)
- TMJ (jaw joint) pain
- Tonsillitis, hoarseness, URTI
- Trigeminal nerve pain
- Upper extremities and shoulders
- Abdomen and hypogastrium
- Lower extremities and hips
- Health problems throughout the body